[Foundation-l] Call for nominations: chapter-appointed seats on the WMF Board of Trustees

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:53:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Oliver Keyes <okeyes at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Oh, agreed. But what I'm interested in is not "should be", but whether the
> rhetoric in internal chapter elections is usually dominated by, or even
> includes, mention of the wider governance issues.
>
> I think chapters have a crucial role to play in movement governance, and
> that trustees of each chapter should be at the forefront of that. But are
> they selected with that role in mind?

In my experience, yes the chapter boards are comprised of people who
are suitable for making these decisions.  Some individuals on some
chapter boards may not be, but each board is a group of people, and
each chapter has rules which ensure that their decisions are a
majority of their board.

--
John Vandenberg