[Wikimedia-l] WMF HR and leadership questions

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:14:37 UTC 2012

On 28 December 2012 10:59, Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:

> On 28 December 2012 07:31, Matthew Roth <mroth at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> >> A count of office.wikimedia.org account deactivations suggests that
> >> about 59 people left the WMF in 2012, for whatever reason. To me, that
> >> seems like a lot of people. Maybe it's occasionally good for people to
> >> leave, but so many?
> >
> > Does that include interns? I know my interns get access to Office Wiki,
> so
> > it might skew the numbers higher. I believe LCA has had at least 8-10 (?)
> > interns cycle through in 2012. I've had a couple.
>
> Gayle no doubt has more precise numbers, but using @wikimediaatwork I
> count 3 Dec, 1 Oct, 2 Sep, 3 Aug, 1 July, 4 Jun, 1 May, 2 Apr, 3 Feb,
> 1 Jan - twenty-one departures in a year, including fixed-term
> contractors (who probably shouldn't be counted in turnover
> discussions)
>
> Whether that result is still too high or not I leave as an exercise
> for the reader!

There are a few from that page that are missing if you consider the
history<https://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Staff_and_contractors&offset=&limit=500&action=history>of
the Staff and contractors page on Foundation wiki, but that could be a
reasonable count as it excludes fellows/legal interns/comms
interns/short-term contractors - Gayle?

--
Thehelpfulone
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone