[Wikimedia-l] WMF HR and leadership questions

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 10:59:30 UTC 2012

On 28 December 2012 07:31, Matthew Roth <mroth at wikimedia.org> wrote:

>> A count of office.wikimedia.org account deactivations suggests that
>> about 59 people left the WMF in 2012, for whatever reason. To me, that
>> seems like a lot of people. Maybe it's occasionally good for people to
>> leave, but so many?
>
> Does that include interns? I know my interns get access to Office Wiki, so
> it might skew the numbers higher. I believe LCA has had at least 8-10 (?)
> interns cycle through in 2012. I've had a couple.

Gayle no doubt has more precise numbers, but using @wikimediaatwork I
count 3 Dec, 1 Oct, 2 Sep, 3 Aug, 1 July, 4 Jun, 1 May, 2 Apr, 3 Feb,
1 Jan - twenty-one departures in a year, including fixed-term
contractors (who probably shouldn't be counted in turnover
discussions)

Whether that result is still too high or not I leave as an exercise
for the reader!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk