[Wikimedia-l] Rationale for fundraising record?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 07:51:56 UTC 2012

I read the official blog [1] about it, but it doesn't have rationale.
And I am too lazy to analyze it.

So, may someone give us the reasons why this fundraising finished so quickly.

I have to say that I'm very positively surprised by this fact, as I
was much more pessimistic in relation to the future fundraising.

The main question -- which could be just guessed if we have accurate
rationale for this fundraising record -- is how sustainable is the
growth (or even the stagnation with this amount of money)?

In relation to the question above, I'd be much more happy to hear that
this is the product of staff's work, than the product of some global
social changes. Although it would be great if the world is changing so
quickly, it's much more unpredictable variable than work inside of the
organization.

[1] http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/12/27/wikimedia-foundation-raises-25-million-in-record-time-during-2012-fundraiser/