[Wikimedia-l] proposed urgent Board of Trustees resolution without a meeting

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Mon Dec 24 18:10:38 UTC 2012

While I think I would definitely like to see WMF raise resources besides
the year-to-year needs so as to gradually build an endowment fund (clearly
it would have to be clear to the donors when contributing) I believe that
trying to maximize the fundraising each year could be dangerous (jeopardize
the stability of income due to occasional overstretching, leave no safety
valve, and also borderline advertising if understood literally).

Best,

dj
24 gru 2012 16:54, "Thomas Morton" <morton.thomas at googlemail.com>