[Wikimedia-l] brief WMDE fundraising update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:10:01 UTC 2012

On Dec 17, 2012 2:21 PM, "Michael Jahn" <michael.jahn at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> just a brief update from Wikimedia Deutschland on our current fundraising
> campaign. It's been running since November 13, involving variations of
facts
> banners in combination with personal appeals. We're on track to reaching
our
> campaign goal of around € 5 m. by the end of this year. The personal
> appeals appear as drop-down messages along our donation form, once readers
> click on the sticking facts banners.The appeals include messages from
> Wikipedians,
> donors, readers and WMDE staff.

Thank you for this update. You seem to be taking a significantly more
aggressive (for want of a better word) approach than the foundation. You
are running for much longer and it sounds like you are making much more use
of the sticky banners that people have found so annoying. Can you explain
your reasons for that?