[Wikimedia-l] Fundraising updates?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:16:02 UTC 2012

On Dec 14, 2012 3:37 PM, "Zack Exley" <zexley at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Since we took banners down for everyone, we've
> mostly been displaying them only 1 or 2 times to people who've never seen
> them. Though yesterday we pushed that up to 10 because we're hoping to
> reach our US$25 million goal in the next few days.

Obviously it's early, but that change doesn't seem to have caused a
noticeable break from the existing trend on the fundraising graph. Have you
been gathering data on how banners perform on the first, second, third,
etc. time of viewing? Presumably the same cookies that let you stop banners
after a certain number of views would let you gather such data. If so, what
kind of an increase were you expecting to see?