[Wikimedia-l] Alpha version of the VisualEditor now available on the English Wikipedia

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:55:30 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, 12 December 2012, Bishakha Datta wrote:

> I'm just imagining how much easier it will be to do wiki workshops and
> outreach sessions as this develops further.
>
> YES! When this is the default for new users we're going to have to
re-write all the training manuals to remove many of the current
wikimarkup-intensive sections. Being able to simplify the instructional
guides is a very good problem to have :-) It will certainly
radically decrease the amount of time we need in training workshops to get
people to a stage where they can go by themselves.

-Liam

--
wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata