[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimedia/mapping event in Europe early next year?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 08:05:16 UTC 2012

On Nov 30, 2012 5:00 PM, "Tom Morris" <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:

> On Friday, 30 November 2012 at 11:41, Richard Symonds wrote:
> > I think WMUK might be able to host something, (possibly) - especially if
> > Tom Morris is around to help!
>

> Seriously though, London would be a good place to have a Wikimedia
maps-related technical event. There's an active OpenStreetMap community in
London and the UK, and there are potential attendees from the commercial
sector who may be able to give advice on the various problems they've
encountered and how they've fixed them (Mapbox and Lanyrd, who both use
OpenStreetMap as part of their offerings, are based in the UK).

And those who've tried and given up in despair, like N0tice (from the
Guardian stable)