[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedia redefined -- typography and UX and such

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:18:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Cristian Consonni
<kikkocristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/8/17 Ziko van Dijk <vandijk at wmnederland.nl>:
>> Yes, I would like to see the skin in my Preferences. Where is a wiki
>> page for comment? :-)
>
> See the "META" link  in the upper-right corner i.e.:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_redefined

Technically, it's not a MediaWiki skin. It could become one, but that
would require changes in MediaWiki itself, and we all know how long
that takes. There are intermediary solutions, but they'd be ugly, like
JavaScript, which causes a flickering "jump" on each page load. For
the moment, toolserver it is.

Magnus