[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedia redefined -- typography and UX and such

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:52:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Richard Farmbrough
<richard at farmbrough.co.uk> wrote:
> Apart from using a vandalized version of [[Pyramid]] and a graphically
> horrendous capital I, there are some nice elements in a generally good
> layout.

Looking at their screenshots, it seems as if that horrible font is not
part of their suggestion to improve Wikipedia; it's just used in their
own text.

I'd like to see more than just the top bit of the page, to see how
their suggestion would pan out below the TOC; I'd also like to see how
it handles things like infoboxes, and they should also show how it
would work on different screen sizes.

What I'd like to see on Wikipedia: A big obvious link leading people
to an editor-help community like [[WP:ADOPT]] (this is based on
interaction with intelligent people who refuse to edit Wikipedia
because it's too daunting), and more focus on the history tab (and
maybe also a re-name as suggested).

--
David Richfield
[[:en:User:Slashme]]