[Wikimedia-l] Should we lock StrategyWiki?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sun Aug 12 15:32:29 UTC 2012

Thehelpfulone wrote:
> Strategy Wiki has already been configured as an import source for
> Meta-Wiki, so any admins on Meta (there are plenty) will be able to import
> pages cross-wiki with full history via
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Import. Perhaps we could put things
> into a new Strategy: namespace?

Maybe, though I'd like to see a clearer definition of what would go in that
namespace. Would the final Strategic Report go at "Strategy:Report" or
"Strategy:Strategic Report"? Or what's wrong with just "Strategic Report"
(in the main namespace)?

Someone will need to audit strategy.wikimedia.org's content for what we want
and don't want (there's likely some garbage) and then figure out where it
best fits on Meta-Wiki. I don't think a flat Strategy namespace will do
anything but duplicate work (pulling everything in, then sorting all of it
in a year or two when we realize that we didn't want everything and it's not
well classified).

I imagine you'll want namespaces for Proposals or Workgroups or whatever
kind of high-level content separation you can find that might also be
helpful to Meta-Wiki generally. I thought there was some planning about this
on Meta-Wiki already somewhere.

MZMcBride