[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Leaving the Wikimedia Foundation

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:41:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Barry Newstead <bnewstead at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Dear Wikimedia friends and colleagues,
>
> It is bittersweet for me to share with all of you that I will be leaving the
> Wikimedia Foundation at the end of August to relocate to Australia for
> personal reasons.

:( We will miss you greatly. Thank you for your patience and calm
goodwill and many miles logged; thank you for guiding us towards a
strategic plan, opening us up to being a grant-giving organization,
and helping us become even more intentionally international. All the
best in your future work & explorations in the southern hemisphere,
and I do hope you'll stay involved (and come to Wikimania!)

best,
phoebe