[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: WMF Policy and Political Affiliations Guideline

Philippe Beaudette, Wikimedia Foundation pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 2 04:32:52 UTC 2012

Hi MZ -

I'm surprised by this, given that it clearly delineates that it doesn't impact community requests at all, and only applies to requests that come to the Foundation.  It seems logical that there be a uniform process for routing those internally and this is an attempt to transparently tell the community what that process is. The alternative is to have no policy for handling it and make it up every time.

Regardless, if you have specific concerns, perhaps you could lay them out at the talk page and we can figure out if it makes sense to modify or adjust the policy in some way?

PB
Philippe Beaudette
Director, Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc