[Wikimedia-l] Thank you, thank you!

Audrey Abeyta audrey.abeyta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 21:49:24 UTC 2012

Dear Wikipedia contributors,

We did it! For the past six weeks, you have all graciously tolerated my
emails requesting participants for my undergraduate senior thesis
project<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Motivations_to_Contribute_to_Wikipedia>
on
users’ motivations to contribute to Wikipedia. On Monday, I reached out to
this community, begging for just eighteen more participants to reach my
target sample size of 100 respondents. We not only reached that goal, but
exceeded it: 161 Wikipedia contributors responded to my questionnaire!

Your insightful responses are invaluable to my project and I cannot express
my gratitude for this community enough, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

When my final paper is written in June, I will make it available to the
Wikipedia community.

Thank you once again for your insight, thoughtful questions, and feedback.

Best,

Audrey