[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Release of educational videos under creative commons (Wikimedia-l Digest, Vol 97, Issue 73)

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 25 02:10:44 UTC 2012

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Roadmap indicates that we aim to have
TimedMediaHandler deployed onto Wikimedia Foundation sites by the end of
May 2012.

TimedMediaHandler has been reviewed by Ian Baker and Kandalgaonkar
extensively, with lots of changes made in response by Michael Dale.
Review notes and Michael's follow-up are at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/TimedMediaHandler/ReviewNotes . It is
currently being tested, including transcoding support, at
http://commons.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/File:Electric_sheep.webm
.  (Copied this from the extensions review queue status at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Review_queue .)

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator