[Wikimedia-l] [Wikitech-l] Release of educational videos under creative commons

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:17:11 UTC 2012

Where's the latest thread on the Timed Media Handler progress?

I am meeting with MIT Open CourseWare tomorrow - they want to expand
the set of videos they released last year under CC-SA, starting with
categories / vids that would be fill gaps on Wikipedia.  Any thoughts
on how to make that collaboration more effective would be welcome.

SJ

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 April 2012 13:26, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, this message is more related to Wikimedia or Commons mailing lists
>> (cc:). If you are the owner of those videos and you want to donate them,
>> some people can help you in the process.
>

> Well, not really - uploading video is still laborious because we've
> been waiting literally years for the Timed Media Handler, which is a
> wikitech issue. Andrew could probably deal with the ffmpeg2theora bit,
> but it's still faffy and troublesome.
>

> - d.

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266