[Wikimedia-l] Sandra Rientjes director of Wikimedia Nederland

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Tue Apr 24 15:55:40 UTC 2012

Dear friends of free knowledge,

As of May 1, Wikimedia Nederland is going to have a director: Sandra
Rientjes. After a lengthy selection process the Board was able to
choose between two candidates, preselected by the professionalization
committee.

The Board felt that Sandra Rientjes presented an excellent mix of
friendliness, determination and skills. Originally she trained as a
sociologist and she has working experience in the non-profit sector,
including the national NGO Nature and Environment. In her spare time,
she is a volunteer neighborhood mediator. Although she has no
experience working on Wikipedia, we feel she will fit in especially
well with our organization.

The employment contract was signed on April 21. Initially, Sandra
Rientjes will be shown the ropes by Marjon Bakker and others. Frans
Grijzenhout and I will be her contacts in the Board. Please welcome
her in our big Wikimedia family.

Ziko van Dijk
president WMNL

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland