[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedians in Other Languages Needed

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Apr 24 15:20:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:40:20 -0600, James Heilman wrote:
> Hello All
>
> The project we have been working on to develop medical content and
> translate it into other languages is going well. We have an initial
> set of
> 13 top importance GAs ready for translation by "Translators Without
> Borders". Article should begin arriving in a couple of weeks.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Medicine/Translation_task_force
>
> We are looking at starting with an initial group of 9 languages and
> need
> Wikipedians to help incorporate article into that wiki language in 7
> of
> them including: Croatian, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Persian,
> Romanian
> and Turkish. If there are people with these language / wiki abilities
> who
> wish to help volunteers would be much appreciated. Please sign up
> here
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Medicine/Translation_task_force#People_involved_.28with_language_ability.29
>
> Also if you know of anyone who is not on this list who might be
> interested
> send them my way. Many thanks

Hi James,

I speak none of these languages, and understand nothing in medicine,
but generally I think it is a very good idea, and it would be great if
other projects followed. I would really like to see some cross-project
(meta) coordination (initiated be several projects, not just by English
Wikipedia) which would result to translation/improvement of content in
several projects.

Cheers
Yaroslav