[Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:41:27 UTC 2012

2012/4/23 Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:
> Top posting.
>
> This is getting a bit ridiculous. Frankly, while I see the need for
> *some* statistics, I don't see how the number of emails exchanged is
> in any kind of way relevant to the work this ombudsmen commission, for
> one. Seriously, if they solve a case with 2 emails or 200, I couldn't
> care less. Second, I understand Thomas' reluctance to skim through 600
> emails to give a report that was not part of his mandate in the first
> place, if I am not mistaken.

I am very surprised that it would require going through 600 emails to
find out how many cases the OC has dealt with over the past year. If
they don't have that information somewhere, then they can't have been
doing a good job. There is no way they can do their job properly
without knowing what cases they've received...