[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: European Mathematical Society and Springer create Encyclopedia of Mathematics wiki...

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 20 20:12:17 UTC 2012

Am 20. April 2012 21:58 schrieb Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>:

> For instance, we have Scholarpedia, which is a reliable source (no doubts
> about it), they have editors responsible for different fields, these editors
> are appointed by the Editor-in-Chief, and each article is written by a
> single author and by invitation only. Do we want it to be a part of WMF? I
> do not immediately see any net benefit.

Scholarpedia is not a case in point because it is not a Wiki. As you
described it, Scholarpedia lacks collaborative writing.

We have discussed recently whether to add Wikitravel/Wikivoyage to the
Wikimedia family of wikis. This is the kind of wikis I think of when
it comes to external links. At least Wikivoyage is often rather good.

Regards,
Jürgen.