[Wikimedia-l] BBC Open Content

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:27:14 UTC 2012

CC-BY-SA-NC isn't a bad license. I know we strongly prefer licenses
that allow commericial use (and need them if we're going to use the
content on Wikimedia projects), but if -NC is the best we can get we
should be trying to encourage it. Is there any way we can revive the
2006 proposal?

PS Having just looked at that link, there is a "UK only" clause. I
don't think we could live with that... (I understand why it is there -
the BBC makes a lot of money selling its content overseas - but
geographic limits are highly impractical.)