[Foundation-l] Board of Trustees resolutions

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:09:35 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The Board of Trustees had a meeting this weekend in conjunction with
> the Wikimedia chapters conference held in Berlin. As an outcome of the
> meeting we discussed and passed nine resolutions, which are published
> here:
>
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolutions
>
> * "Recognizing models of affiliation", and "Affiliations committee"
> are related to the movement roles project
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles) and are in response to
> that group's final recommendations. These resolutions recognize three
> new models for affiliated Wikimedia groups, and expand the mandate of
> Chapcom to cover these new models.
>
> * "Organizational best practices" and "committee standards" are
> general best-practices documents that also are related to
> recommendations from the movement roles group; these are documents
> that we asked the Board audit committee and the Board governance
> committee respectively to develop.
>
> * "Board governance committee charter" and "Amendment to Chapter
> Committee Rules of Procedure" both relate to creating or amending
> committee governing documents. The BGC is an internal board committee
> that deals with board appointments and evaluation; the chapter
> committee amendments update and clarify the procedure for appointing
> new chapters committee members.
>
> * "Funds Dissemination Committee" asks the WMF executive director to
> set up a community-led funds dissemination committee structure for
> making decisions on movement-wide project funds allocations.
> "Fundraising 2012" is about chapter "payment-processing", i.e. chapter
> handling of donations to the Wikimedia project sites, and asks that
> only the four chapters who are currently payment-processing be allowed
> to do so until 2016. These recommendations are the conclusion to our
> lengthy discussion this year and last about fundraising, and are in
> response to the ED's recommendations on the subject.
>
> * And, lastly, "Board of Trustees Voting Transparency" asks that the
> name of trustees be published with their votes in formal resolution
> votes.
>
> Please don't hesitate to ask me or us if you have questions about these.
>
> best,
> Phoebe
> (2011-12 WMF Board secretary)

And one last resolution; there was a short delay in publishing while
we talked to those affected. This resolution takes care of any
outstanding open-ended provisional chapter approvals; there are
currently only two such groups.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Revision_of_open-ended_Chapter_approvals

best,
-- phoebe