[Foundation-l] FAQ for fundraising resolutions

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:35:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

The Board has published a Q&A document around the recently published
fundraising & funds dissemination resolutions.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Board_FAQ

It's quite long -- sorry! -- but hopefully informative. Note that we
did this as everyone was traveling and, in the interests of time,
didn't put it up for a final vote -- so not every trustee may agree
with every word, and we reserve the right to edit :)

The first section of the FAQ, "overview", focuses on board process for
coming to a decision and a summary of the decisions; the next two
sections focus on specific questions about the resolutions' content
regarding fundraising & funds dissemination plans. Some of the
questions we were asked this past weekend already, and some of them we
are anticipating might be asked.

If you've got more questions, please put them on the talk page; if you
want to discuss the resolutions themselves, there's a talk page on
meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fundraising_and_Funds_Dissemination/Final_Board_resolutions

all best,
phoebe