[Foundation-l] VPAT

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Wed Feb 16 22:51:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm..  strikes me odd and worries me than Community Associate doesn't
> seem to differentiate between software "Media-Wiki" (sic), and
> Foundation/Community issues (Wikimedia).
>
> Opening post was about if Wikimedia (as organization) complies with
> regulations I don't see what software has to do with it.

There's no need to be mean.  I would think that Christine just assumed
that he was talking about our product was "MediaWiki", not the content
projects.  MediaWiki is a piece of software, so it's more likely to be
thought of as a "product" than the projects are.

That being said, I do agree with the fact that we should err on the
side of responding *on-list* unless there's a very good reason not to.
 If someone asks a question on the list, it's best to respond on the
list so that everyone can see the answer -- sharing wisdom and making
sure everyone learns things is good. :-)

Christine probably didn't think the whole list would be interested in
it and decided to respond off-list, which is fine... but based on the
again. =P

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023