[Foundation-l] English language dominationism is striking again

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:10:00 UTC 2010

On 22 June 2010 15:45, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 June 2010 15:20,  <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> The common name in any language has more stability as far as the lay person is concerned. the lay person shouldn't have to first find the latin name of an organism when looking it up:
>> http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sp%C3%A9cial%3ARecherche&search=Phal%C3%A8ne+de+l%27ans%C3%A9rine
>

> Definitely. Category redirects would help here.

I think redirects is the obvious solution. If you can't agree on what
a category should be called, choose one of the options at random and
set up redirects for the rest. It really doesn't matter which name the
category is actually at, as long as users can find the images they
want by whatever reasonable name they search by.