[Foundation-l] Wikipedia trade mark misuse

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 03:19:23 UTC 2010

2010/6/12 Jiří Hofman <hofmanj at aldebaran.cz>:
> The community is not unanimous. Therefore I would like to ask an international Wikipedia community for its opinion. Is it a violation of the Wikimedia Foundation rights?

The opinion of the community (local or international) is largely
irrelevant. It's not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of legal
interpretation and we should let lawyers work it out. I

> Additional questions:
> Are any Wikimedia Foundation's trademarks registered also for / in Czechia or the European Union? How the Wikimedia Foundation would defend its trademarks in Czechia or the EU? Did the Wikimedia Foundation solved a similar case ever before?

The Wikipedia trademark is registered in the EU. You can search for EU
trademarks here:
http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_SearchBasic