[Foundation-l] Community, collaboration, and cognitive biases

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:06:37 UTC 2010

I think the idea that Aryeh Gregor brought up is incredible.  We should
follow the strategy use by IBM in helping develop Linux.  Open all
discussion to the Wikimedia community will bring the power of Wikipedia's
collaborative process to the operations of of Wikimedia.  Volunteers would
get involved in all aspects of Wikimedia from advertising to programing.  We
have build the greatest encyclopedia in the world now we can build the
greatest non profit.

> I recall reading that IBM improved its
> participation in the Linux kernel community by getting rid of all
> internal communications among its kernel developers, meaning they had
> to use the public project lists to bounce ideas off anyone.

James Heilman, MD