[Foundation-l] fundraiser suggestion

Brian J Mingus brian.mingus at Colorado.EDU
Fri Dec 31 19:19:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Mono mium <monomium at gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> How about we add popups?
>
> Seriously, if you're going to do this, just add AdSense...it's a heck of a
> lot prettier.
>
> ~~~~
>

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake at yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Domas Mituzas <midom.lists at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > now that we have blinking banners,
> > > Domas
> >  Oh! Oh! can we have marquees as well... and those flashy "under
> > construction" gifs??
> > -Peachey

Firstly, this is probably just an experiment to see if it draws more
donations. If it doesn't, they probably won't use the tactic in the future.

Second, if WMF doesn't meet the fundraising goal they will have to cut
something from the budget. If it's so very important to you that they not
try advertising techniques that are mildly annoying to some users you should
start by suggesting projects that won't get funded or people that won't get
hired or servers that won't get bought, etc.

Third, adverts are turned off for non-logged in users. Try logging in.