[Foundation-l] Template Overkill

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 16:32:18 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----

<snip>

That suggestion just makes my jaw drop.  Do you realize how may months we wait
for a very simple bug fixes to go live?  How many years do think that the entire
work of the community should be stalled while developers revamp the entire idea
of how MediaWiki works?  We have great developers, that are an integral part of
our community, who put time and thought into writing coded solutions for
Wikisource, but they can't even get the developers with authority to review and
implement their code into MediaWiki.  So we are left with JS hacks for ages. And
you really think we should have sat around waiting for entirely new code that is
not even started instead of making the project actually work with templates?

Birgitte SB