[Foundation-l] Accuracy required

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:23:50 UTC 2010

That won't help much.

If I understand your email correctly, you want the information in order to
protest on pt.wiki - either about your name being used or about being
blocked for mentioning other users' names.

There are problems with this.

   1. The thread started by saying it is inaccurate to use a tag line "the
   only person ruled by an arbcom under a real name (in the title)". Cases
   exist (eg enwiki Arbcom)
   2. Each project is independent. What enwiki does may truthfully be
   different from ruwiki, ptwiki, dewiki. wikis can be very different and their
   internal decisions on these things can be compared but it is not going to
   persuade anyone about pt.wiki, if you try and argue about events on some
   other wiki.
   3. Even on a single wiki, treatment may vary within context. For example
   on enwiki a user may be blocked indefinitely for naming another user's real
   name, or an arbcom case may even be named after a real name. What is the
   difference?  In the first case the real name was not public, in the second
   case the real name was also their username. So a lot varies depending on
   context and community.
   4. You may be the only person dealt with under a real name *by pt-arbcom*.
   But nobody has said you were or weren't.

Hope this helps?

FT2