[Foundation-l] Brazilian Portuguese Wikipedia

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 22:23:55 UTC 2010

Not very friendly to go with your first message. But let's try again in a
more polite way:

We have bot articles? Yes we have, several bots create most of citys of
France and some of Spain, German and Russia in Portuguese Wikipédia. but no
one of those bots works anymore since 2007-2008. From now on, all articles
are create by people. If they are big or not, i don't know, but we only ask
for all article have a source. So if you create a article like "Brazil is a
country of South America" with a source, your article would be kept.

I understand you when you said that we could delete those articles, but i
think that little information is better than no information at all. That is
what we normally think in portuguese wikipedia.

And about the problem of be the number 1, 2, 3 or 405: Our community really
do not care about it in general. Of course some guys have the "number fever"
and like to know we are the 9º (or 10º - i don't know) largest wikipedia.
But the rest of us if cool with that.

Sorry the other mail, i'm a little rude at times.
_____
Béria Lima (Beh)
Wikimedia Portugal