[Foundation-l] Lead by example

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Tue Dec 7 19:50:00 UTC 2010

Let's see if I can get this right.

There has been a very entertaining, albeit totally useless exchange
on this list, as far as real results are concerned.

I forgot at least one of the rules (probably more) of this list, and
(almost) always addressed my comments to the person who made the
comment. The exchange went well, was mostly good humored, but that's
not how things are supposed to happen here. I apologize for so
blatantly disrespecting that list rule, and any other one, that I
might not be aware at the moment. I appreciate the patience and
understanding of all directly involved, and all the readers who had
to endure my misbehavior.

That said, there's no excuse for the overblowing of my comments and
hyperbolic references to "personal attacks," by now a concept so
overused that it has lost any credibility whatsoever.

Let me quote some examples of what was NOT perceived as "personal attacks":