[Foundation-l] 2010 Wikimedia Study of Controversial Content

Mariano Cecowski marianocecowski at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 6 19:40:18 UTC 2010

I'm sorry we are putting more energy into what should be banned from commons instead of searching for mechanisms to protect those readers who would prefer to stay away from such content.

I mean, I understand the problem with paedophilia, and why it needs to be kept outside wikimedia projects, but I think it is equally important to provide with the means to present the content to users in their desired level of exposure; tagging, collapsing and hiding graphic content would do the trick, and it is technologically straightforward.

Cheers,
MarianoC