[Foundation-l] Wikipedia is not bureaucracy, said bureaucrat and deleted...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Nov 26 19:54:04 UTC 2009

In a message dated 11/26/2009 3:39:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
valdelli at gmail.com writes:

> The final solution is that only people who are already expert in the
> processes can impose their point of view and in fact en.wikipedia
> don't assure a neutral point of view but the point of view of expert
> users.>>

Exactly the same point I've made a few times.  Those who are expert in the
use of the game rules, impose their view on those who are not expert.

Which is why I've suggested the establishment of a group of advocates for
the editor versus the administrators who are viewed as policemen.  In a real
society, the only classifications are not "public" and "police".  We also
have checks and balances against the power of the police to force compliance.

In Wikipedia we do not have those checks and balances.

Will