[Foundation-l] mirroring a portion of the wikipedia

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:04:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> That aside: the two situations are entirely different. This proposal
> is effectively outsourcing a section of Wikipedia to some experts
> in the field. That's entirely unlike the Foundation deciding to add
> an additional language for Wikipedia to appear in.

I think this perfectly fits with the spirit of copyleft, so it's a great
idea. Under copyleft, you're free to use some content and modify it,
provided that it stays free. In this way, we both benefit. Up to now, there
hasn't been that much emphasis on the fact that wiki* content can be
improved offsite and then re-imported back. So, if there is an efficient way
to do it, let's go for it.

Cruccone