[Foundation-l] Flagged Revisions, Report on german WP

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:36:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 David Yellope <sirfozzie at gmail.com>:
>> As for the other part of it I'm decently sure that unless move-protect is
>> set on a page, that anyone can move it.
>
> Oh, yeah, we have explicit semi-move-protection, so it must be
> possible normally. I'm sure it used to be restricted... probably
> several years ago now, though!

No, IPs and new editors are still not allowed to move pages on enwiki.
 In effect, all pages are semi-move-protected (since you have to be
autoconfirmed to even have the move option), which makes the
semi-move-protection option entirely redundant.  However, the
requirements for being autoconfirmed are quite low so it doesn't stop
much.

-Robert Rohde