[Foundation-l] Flagged Revisions, Report on german WP

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 20:22:00 UTC 2009

Sage Ross wrote:

>>> That's something I've wanted to see change for a long time.
>>>
>> In which direction?
>>
> The direction of (once again) allowing anonymous page creation on
> English Wikipedia, I'm pretty sure he means.

Yes, Sage reads me right.

I understand the concerns that have been mentioned about vandalism, but
that's why I mention it in the context of flagged revisions. We operate
on a fundamental premise that anyone should be able to edit. Sometimes
checks and filters are appropriate to help prevent harm, but I think we
should focus on those that don't completely disable some people's
editing ability.

--Michael Snow