[Foundation-l] Request for Help: Spanish Betawiki Localization

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:21:51 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Your answer is not helpful. FIrst of all, 100% of the core messages and 100%
of the messages of extensions used by the WMF are needed to give people who
do not speak English the service that they deserve. Spanish is doing better
at the moment then it has done before. Second of all it is rather parochial
to think that translatewiki,net (aka Betawiki) is only about the WMF
projects. It is great that MediaWiki is used elsewhere as well. Also many of
those "other" extensions are waiting to be assessed before they can be used
in WMF projects.

If anything, it is great when active people support their language. When it
comes to providing service to our users 100% is good enough.
Thanks,
      GerardM