[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikinews-l] Increased incivility at wikinews [en] <warning: contains rant>

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Feb 5 21:51:20 UTC 2009

Philippe|Wiki wrote:
> Marc, without denying or confirming there are problems with discourse
> at Wikinews (because I have no personal knowledge), I would posit that
> your messages about this topic to this list have been a little...
> terse.  Cary was proposing some perfectly valid thoughts (and money
> DOES have to do with this problem... who do you think pays the
> Foundation people that you want to swoop in from on high?  They don't
> work for beads, you know...) and you acted fairly aggressively towards
> him.

I don't think that it's a problem that can easily be solved by throwing
money at it.  The Securities and Exchange Commission likely had more
than enough money to do its job, and the likes of Madoff still managed
to get around it.

Maybe if we could get all the problem makers and problem solvers
together, and locked them in together until they fixed things the
results would be interesting.  That would cost a lot for travel and
accommodations, but I'm not prepared to show great optimism that such a
solution will come about.

Ec