[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikinews-l] Increased incivility at wikinews [en] <warning: contains rant>

Philippe|Wiki philippe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:41:33 UTC 2009

Marc, without denying or confirming there are problems with discourse
at Wikinews (because I have no personal knowledge), I would posit that
your messages about this topic to this list have been a little...
terse.  Cary was proposing some perfectly valid thoughts (and money
DOES have to do with this problem... who do you think pays the
Foundation people that you want to swoop in from on high?  They don't
work for beads, you know...) and you acted fairly aggressively towards
him.

Slow down, take a deep breath, and think about detailing the issues
specifically, rather than some broad sweeping statement.  Then, we as
a list can start to think through what we - the volunteers who make up
this particular list - can offer in the way of help (if anything).

I know you're frustrated.  I bet I would be too.  I'm just suggesting
that maybe there's another way to handle this...

Philippe|Wiki
philippe.wiki at gmail.com

[[en:User:Philippe]]