[Foundation-l] New projects opened

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:09:03 UTC 2009

dex2000 wrote:

> Allow me to suggest that some explanation for the lag in article numbers and
> contributors is the fact that Danish summers are more sunny and winters less
> severe than is the case in our northern neighbourhood :-) .

Well, that explanation would have the collateral benefit that we
could blame the problems of the English Wikipedias waning
growth on global warming. ;-D

(N. B. We haven't really had a severe winter here in Finland, that
I remember, in at least half a decade. Though I suppose old habits,
such as communal barn-raising, are still alive here, and are clear
remnants of cultural adaptation to the harsh conditions in these
latitudes.)

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen