[Foundation-l] Old newspapers going to destruction

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:56:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM, John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no> wrote:
> It is not that people, and researchers, don't want access to the
> newspapers, they are not allowed to access them. Even a doctorand that
> wanted to get access to them to do a study on some of the letters
> written by Henrik Ibsen was refused to get access, because as they said,
> "the newspapers are in the store".
>
> Due to restructuring of the norwegian military a lot of space are freed
> up in the old military compounds. It seems rather special that there are
> a lot of state-owned storage space nearby and at the same time the
> university claims they don't have enough storage area.

Please add your personal knowledge to the collaboration page of the
Wikinews report, which has now been translated into Spanish and Cech.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Libricide_plans_on_ice_at_University_of_Oslo

If we obtain a significant amount of new information, I'll write a
follow-up story.

--
John V