[Foundation-l] en.WP dysfunction (was: A letter to Wikipedia collides with the non-free content policies)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 14:15:39 UTC 2008

> Oh wait. As an English Wikiquote admin, I tend to disagree.
> Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Wikinews, Wikisource ... while we may argue if
> they are "large", but at least three of them are ranked within 5,000
> in Alexa. But I can hardly recall an issue, which is related to one of
> those particularly, was discussed here. Wiktionary logo issue may be
> mentioned, but it is no English Wiktionary local issue, rather
> Wiktionary as a whole.
>
> So it is not only a language issue: I admit (lack of) language barrier
> may be a factor but it doesn't explain why other English project
> issues are rarely raised here. Are they still small and sort of
> Arcadia? Hmmm hope so but sadly I say no. It is still small and cozy
> but not far from any painful disputes. And some would be legal issues.

A good point. There must be something more to it that just language,
you're right. I think language does play a significant role, though.

> Sorry I faild to see this logic ... specially for English Wikipedia,
> which has its own mailinglist.

wikien-l only helps get the views of other members of the enwiki
community, foundation-l helps get the views of the foundation (and
member of other projects from time to time).