[Foundation-l] A simple question on languages.

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Thu Jan 24 21:27:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 2:46 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think its useful to look at limiting languages in terms of
> 'resources' available for providing Wikimedia projects. As Aphaia and
> Gerard point out, what we're dealing with is volunteer resources -
> which cost the Foundation nothing and can't be required or redirected
> in any case.

I don't know if that's entirely true. I mean, it's nice if volunteers
can translate everything. But it's certainly conceivable that the
Foundation might want to issue press releases or statements or
something in these N languages regardless of volunteer support, even
if that means paying for an occasional translation.

The answer to this question would conceivably be very useful, I don't
see any reason to discourage people from finding it.

Judson
[[:en:User:Cohesion]]