[Foundation-l] 1.6 Billion USD to spare? How about liberation of some pictures

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:03:53 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_OmegaWiki_for_Commons is the way in
> which Commons can have tagging with multi lingual functionality. This is
> what I think Commons needs. I think this is the time to start doing this.

That looks like just what I was thinking of (and yes, tagging could
really do with multilingual functionality).

Devs - what are the prospects of OmegaWiki, or at least this bit of
its functionality, going onto Commons? The thing really crippling
Commons is bad search.

(Earlier today I floated the idea of using a template to hold tags,
and a tag search on the toolserver that would read and index them
every day, Not that I could write the latter. A bit kludgy too.)

- d.