[Foundation-l] Transparency

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:58:46 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 11:48 AM, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/01/2008, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I write that, it occurs to me that there isn't even a clear point of
> > contact for project participants who want to contact the Foundation with
> > questions or requests.  As far as I know, there is no prominent page
> > anywhere that amounts to "Instructions on Contacting the Foundation for
> > Help", so when "Foundation Issues" come up people are mostly left to guess
> > on what to do.  Eventually very experienced hands get a sense of when to A)
> > call the office, B) post to foundation-l, C) email Jimbo/Anthere/Brion,
> > etc., but as far as know there isn't any place that actually tries to
> > explain best practices for interacting with the Foundation.

In general, if you have not got into an organization, you may miss
even the possibility there would be several contact points. If my
washing machine broke (and alas it is really broken), I don't try to
find who is the best contact, but simply call one sole phone number
they provide their customers.

If someone wants to contact WMF, why not they can have such a simple
and single contact? Perhaps info-en wouldn't be the best, but it would
go someday somewhere. And if it is inappropriate, just give a line on
"Project:Contact us"?

> I would start with the Volunteer Coordinator
> <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Volunteer_Coordinator>, and as a
> bonus Cary is as a rule very helpful. :)

Yep. Perhaps it would be an idea to close VolCo may have ears, perhaps
on Community portal or somewhere. Still i suspect it would be just
okay to recommend people to post foundation-l (if they speak English,
specially).

Cheers,
--
KIZU Naoko