[Foundation-l] Wikipeople

Anthony DiPierro anthonydipierro at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 21:28:56 UTC 2004

Well, here are my answers re wikipeople.

1 Should this project exist?
If there are people who want it, I don't see why not.

2 Should the current Sep11 wiki articles be moved here?
This is a question which should be determined by the people who use the
wiki.

3 Should the Sep11 wiki be removed and redirected to Wikipeople?
That should be up to the people who use the sep11 wiki.

4 Should the creation of this project wait until a Wikidata structure
exists?
I've never heard of Wikidata, so no.

5 Should Wikidata be a project that can hold both Wikipeople and
Wikispecies?
Definitely not.  Wikispecies and Wikipeople are completely different
projects created for completely different reasons.  Wikispecies is supposed
to be a language neutral subset of Wikipedia.  Wikipeople is largely
supposed to be for information not in Wikipedia.

6 Should this be a project in its own right with no links to Sep11 wiki or
Wikispecies?
Certainly.

7 Which domain should be used?
If we own wikipeople.org, that would be the best.

Anthony