[Foundation-l] Wikipeople

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 02:03:02 UTC 2004

After discussing the creation of Wikipeople on IRC this evening, I am
no longer convinced that there is a consensus about what the proposed
project is supposed to be.

Personally, I had thought it was supposed to take over what is
currently the September 11 memorial wiki, but perhaps I was mistaken
about that being its aim due to the fact the discussion of Wikipeople
started out at the Wikimorial page on Meta.

I think a lot of questions need answering before the project can be created.
For example:
1 Should this project exist?
2 Should the current Sep11 wiki articles be moved here?
3 Should the Sep11 wiki be removed and redirected to Wikipeople?
4 Should the creation of this project wait until a Wikidata structure exists?
5 Should Wikidata be a project that can hold both Wikipeople and Wikispecies?
6 Should this be a project in its own right with no links to Sep11
wiki or Wikispecies?
7 Which domain should be used?

If anyone has opinions on the above points, please make them at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipeople so that an informed
decision can be made about whether to create this project and what its
aim is supposed to be.

Thanks.

Angela.