AW: [Foundation-l] Partnership with Mandrakesoft

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Fri Sep 24 21:13:57 UTC 2004

May I STRONGLY suggest that we include ALL the other depreciated image
tags as well?

Rationale:
Migrating from the current technical possibility not to include ANY
tag/description while uploading directly to the limited choice of tags
as per the below mockup link would be too big of a change for many
users, who will feel--wrong as they might be--that their images "have
to be included". This will lead to many folks picking "unknown/don't
know" (unbekannt/weiss nicht) -- and practically having no license tags
is ACUTELY worse than having depreciated license tags. We should have
MORE metadata, not less of it. Having "depreciated license"-images in
there (marked as depreciated) is A LOT better because we can always
deal with these pics and/or that entire category later and we'll at
least know where things are at as regards these pics. We WON'T know
that in case of "unknown/don't know" -- these would just be a wild heap
of wildly unknown stuff, making it acutely harder to deal with in the
future.